Thursday, April 23, 2009

Do Bumper Stickers Support Our Troops?

Bumper stickers are a lame way to "say" you support our troops without having to verbalize that you actually do. It is like bumper sticker Christians. They put bumper stickers on their cars to try and make it look they are Christians. But it is a cop out. A few quotes on a bumper sticker or a trooper supporting pin looking bumper sticker isn't going to cut it. If people truly support the troops, than they wouldn't just stick a bumper sticker on their vehicles. I can even see through that lame attempt to support the troops. Putting a bumper sticker on your car is like saying: "I support the troops, how about you?" I choose not to put bumper stickers on my car. I do support the troops as much as the next guy, I just think the Afghanistan mission is crock.

I see bumper stickers all the time and see them as an eye sore. Bumper stickers don't equate support of the troops. Sure they may say "I support our troops" or something to that effect. But do they really support them? I bet if you asked people if they support them, they may hesitantly say no. But if they were to say yes I might think they are lying.

What does support of the troops really look like? Verbalizing, protesting, writing to your government? I don't have that answer. But what I do know that it is more than just a bumper sticker on some vehicle. Truthfully, who will see it on your vehicle. Sure I see a lot of them, but I won't necessarily see it on yours. Your intentions might good, but that might not be the way you truly feel.

I read that something someone said: "A bumper sticker is not supporting our troops... insisting they come home from the phony war in Afghanistan is."

That rings true. The Canadians troops are fighting a war that is not even ours to begin with. I would rather have people support the troops in a mission they believed in rather than fake it in a mission they don't believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam the comments as they will be removed. The comments are for commenting the post not trying to sell something or get someone to your site. If it has nothing to do with my post, it will be removed. Thank you for your understanding.